Pasta is loved by all, and today I’m bringing you a recipe packed with flavor (and a bit of 🔥)!
Impeccably flavored and slightly spicy chicken and fresh vegetables are tossed with perfectly cooked al dente pasta, all enveloped in a creamy tomato sauce- to say it’s mouthwatering is a massive understatement.
Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- ¾ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt, to taste
- 1 pound linguine, fettuccine, or spaghetti pasta
- 2 tablespoons neutral flavored oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced into thin strips (any color or combination of colors)
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Fresh or dried parsley, optional
In a small bowl, combine chicken and all spices. Mix well, making sure that the chicken is evenly coated.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Heat oil and butter in a large vessel over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned and cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
Adding more oil if necessary, sauté garlic, onions, and bell peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the vegetables have slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside with chicken.
Add the crushed tomatoes and water to the pan, and cook for a 3 minutes. Add whipping cream and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
Add chicken and vegetables back into the pan and gently mix. Add cooked pasta and mix well. Check seasonings, adding more if necessary.
Garnish with parsley before serving.
2 teaspoons cajun seasoning can be used in lieu of the spices used in the chicken.
Chicken can tossed in spices and marinated in the refrigerator overnight.
This pasta has moderate heat. If a higher level of heat is desired, add red pepper flakes when preparing the creamy tomato sauce.