Sandwiches are a favorite around here, and I love coming up with new and fun ways to serve them. I love how versatile they are, where we can play around the type of bread being used and the contents of the filling.
The recipe I’m sharing today for these curried chicken sandwiches is one that I come back to often. Back in pre-pandemic times, these sandwiches were a staple menu item at large gatherings. For larger gatherings, I use white sandwich bread, but for smaller groups I like to use croissants as the vehicle to carry the delicious chicken filling.
Whenever I serve these, I am always asked for the recipe. It’s healthy and delicious, and best of all, it comes together quick and is savored by all! Enjoy!
Curried Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1½ cups mayonnaise
- ½ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- ½ cup small diced spring onions or red onions
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 bell pepper, any color, diced small
- 1 teaspoon sweet curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Bread of choice
Combine all ingredients, except bread, and mix well. Spread evenly over bread and serve.
Curried chicken salad keeps well in an airtight container and refrigerated, for a few days.