May the prayers of those who were lucky enough to perform Hajj this year be accepted!
I’m sharing my mom’s famous Channa Chaat recipe today. Anytime there is a potluck, people beg for my mom to bring her signature dish. It’s really easy to throw together and can easily be halved, doubled, tripled, etc.
I hope everyone has a safe, happy, and fun-filled Eid 🙂
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 ½ cups chickpeas, boiled
- 2 medium potatoes, boiled and diced
- 1 cup tamarind chutney
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice (bottled)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ¼ teaspoon chaat masala
- ½ teaspoon dried mango powder
- ¾ teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt, to taste
- Sliced tomato, lemon or lime, green chili, onion, and cilantro for garnish
Combine all of the ingredients, except garnish, together in a bowl and transfer to a serving dish. Top with garnish ingredients.